CREATIVE BRAND STRATEGY - PROJECT 2


(22/04/2020- 18/05/2020) Week 2 - Week 6
Dk Nur Reem Rashah Pg Mohammad Apri (0336605)
Creative Brand Strategy
Project 2A & Project 2B

INSTRUCTIONS



PROJECT 2A

Slides:



FEEDBACK

Ms. Low advised that I should make sure to not let the final design outcomes to be too similar to the initial design inspiration, specifically for the event poster. She also suggested that I can perhaps play with texture in my designs rather than sticking to flat solid colours.

PROJECT 2B

Slides:



FEEDBACK


Ms. Low stated that the USP & Big Idea was not included in the presentation slide, however, the Differentiator that highlighting “cultivating youth in art” does in line with the brand strength. She also commented that research & analysis evident clearly shown in the featured activities. Good effort on including Brand Personality, Brand Positioning, and Persona.

REFLECTIONS

EXPERIENCES

During the making of these two projects, I've learned that it is crucial to be wary of creating designs that are too similar to the initial design inspiration. Hence, I needed to think about different ways to implement my designs later on. Otherwise, it is also important to consider details of the events to be relevant to the brand values to create a strong identity.

OBSERVATIONS

I noticed that when I was developing the designs, I decided that I needed to push towards a different design direction to avoid being too similar to the inspirations I had. Hence, I had to observe other kinds of flat illustration design ideas that I can still work on with the elements that I have so far. As a result, I decided to work on a more modern look and feel to it by incorporating human figure illustrations and using the shape illustrations as part of the background.

FINDINGS

I found that it was quite difficult to ensure that the design outcomes will stay relevant to the brand values in terms of representing sustainability as I tried to gravitate towards a modern look & feel.

FURTHER READING
  • Ad Age article - Ad Age Studio 30 - 'Seven Creative Strategies Every Stage Consumer Journey(Online Article)
Takeaway:

  • Creating awareness
    • One of the most effective ways to create brand awareness is to engage users with video content on your social, mobile, and web platforms.
  • Inspiring consideration
    • Grab your audience with a landing page that conveys your brand’s values and strengths, and include images that capture your target audience engaging with your product.
    • Showcase earned media and positive press and make your CTAs softer and suggestive (“Read,” “Learn,” and “See How”) to build curiosity. 
  • Driving purchases
    • To drive users to a page that directs the user to shop or purchase a product, so content and imagery should be geared toward the value of your product and overcoming any common buying objections, such as costs, competitor products, etc.
    • In your copy, make your titles clear and give them a sense of urgency. Ask questions to drive curiosity and create a fear of missing out by making your audience feel they’ll become a part of something by purchasing your product.

Comments

Popular Posts