PUBLISHING DESIGN - PROJECT 1


27/08/19 - 17/09/19
Dk Nur Reem Rashah Pg Mohammad Apri (0336605)
Publishing Design 
Project 1


LECTURES

Lecture 3: History of Print
Week 3 (10/09/19)

The lecture for this week was centered on the history of print and its evolution throughout the years.



Lecture 4: Grid 
Week 4 (17/09/19)

The fourth lecture was focused on grids and how we can utilize grids into our designs. 




INSTRUCTIONS



Project 1

Written content - 'Gilded with Tranquility'



Visual content - book illustrations


Fig. 1 Moodboard - Illustration Compilation

Fig 2. Reading book

Fig 3. Reading newspaper

Fig 4. Portrait

Fig 5. Close-up

Fig 6. Friends

Fig 7. Phone

Fig 8. Decorative elements

Fig 9. Palm leaf

Fig 10. Blossom buds


Fig 11. Background cover

Fig 12. Cat

Fig 13. Cover foreground

Spreads
Book cover


Pg 1-2

Pg 3-4


Pg 5-6

Pg 7-8

Pg 9-10

Pg 10-11

Pg 12-13

Pg 14-15

Pg 16-17


Pg 18-19

Pg 20-21

Thumbnails


FEEDBACK

Week 3:

Specific feedback: Mr. Vinod warned me that the chosen style of illustration for my book might be too work-intensive so he advised that my illustrations should be simple and just slightly detailed.
General feedback: Mr. Vinod expects us to finish at least three illustrations by Friday.

Week 4:

Specific feedback: Mr. Vinod advised me that my illustrations would have more depth by adding in some texture. Hence, he suggested that I could contact one of my seniors to ask her about how to add texture onto flat illustrations.


REFLECTIONS

Observations

I noticed that each of us had very different styles of illustration. This assured me that having a different style from the rest was okay.

Experiences

I felt that my illustrations had mostly acquired minimal and simple tones which I was fine with, as it somehow mimicked the calm atmosphere found within the content of my book.

Findings

I found that I was very uncertain about how to assemble things together and whether I should keep my book minimal or busy with illustrations like the rest.

Comments

Popular Posts