ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY - PROJECT 2


23/05/2019 (Week 8 - Week 9)
Dk Nur Reem Rashah Pg Mohammad Apri (0336605)
Advanced Typography
Project 2
_______________________________________________________________

INSTRUCTIONS:


_______________________________________________________________

For this second project, after we have confirmed on our key artwork, we were instructed to create our chosen collaterals; poster, tote bag, t-shirt. 

1. Poster

For the poster, I decided to ensure that the colour scheme matches the overall key artwork as I kept the grey, yellow and white colours for the textual elements.

Fig 1. Poster Draft 1


Fig 2. Poster Draft 2


2. Tote Bag

Fig 3. Tote Bag Draft 1

Fig 4. Tote Bag Draft 2

Fig 5. Tote Bag Draft 3

Fig 6. Tote Bag Draft 5

Fig. 7 Compilation of potential tote bags designs

3. T-shirt

Fig 8. T-shirt Draft 1

Fig 9. T-shirt Draft 2

Fig 10. T-shirt Draft 3

Fig 11. T-shirt Draft 4

Fig 12. T-shirt Draft 5

Fig 13. Compilation of potential t-shirt designs

Fig 14. Flat Lay

_______________________________________________________________

FEEDBACK:

Week 8:
Specific Feedback: Mr Vinod advised me to align the textual elements to the existing lines that my image has in order to make my poster more organised.

Week 9:
Specific Feedback: Mr. Vinod told me that I needed to have a bigger section where the body of the text will be placed. Hence, I need to create that section in order to make the main body text appear more effectively.

_______________________________________________________________

REFLECTION:

EXPERIENCES:

Week 8:
I realised it was difficult to do a key artwork for a specific concept in order to ensure that your work is representing the correct, intended message and for that message to be communicated and delivered well to the target audience.

Week 9:
I noticed that I enjoyed doing the designs for the totes and t-shirts compared to the poster. It was very interesting to come up with different variations for those collaterals. 

FINDINGS:

Week 8:
I found that it was very easy to misinterpret even the slightest detail which may ruin the whole work as it is not what was intended to portray. I need to remember to be careful with this.

Week 9:
During the design process, I found that I was able to get a general idea of how I was 

OBSERVATIONS:

Week 8:


Week 9:
I observed that most of my peers had created such interesting collaterals with their designs. Everyone's results were so different that it ensured me that there's many ways to construct your design, as long as it represents the same meaning.

_______________________________________________________________

FURTHER READING:

(Chapter two)

'Basic Design 02: Layout' by Ambrose and Harris (2005)





Comments

Popular Posts