TYPOGRAPHY - FINAL PROJECT


31/10/2018 (Week 10 - Week14)
Dk Nur Reem Rashah Pg Mohammad Apri (0336605)
Typography
Final Project

_____________________________________________________________________________

LECTURES

Lecture 10: Final project briefing
We were briefed on what our final project will be on.

Lecture 11: X
No lecture

Lecture 12: X
No lecture

Lecture 13: X
No lecture

_____________________________________________________________________________

INSTRUCTIONS



Final Project (Week 11- Week 13)

Our final project will be on Expression, Hierarchy and Composition. We were instructed to create an A3 poster on any social problems that goes around Talyor's University campus. Our poster can consist of minimal graphics. Though, we're limited to use only one colour other than black and white. 

Fig 1.0 Sketches

I had several ideas for this project. I had certain ideas for posters that revolve around anti-cyberbullying, encouraging political correctness, creating awareness towards racism/lack of integration with social circles, improving the recycling system on campus and creating awareness towards mental health. Because I had a hard time choosing which specific topic I wanted to do, I decided to try visualising some of my ideas on screen.

Fig 1.1 Idea - Racism/Lack of intergration

Fig 1.2 Idea -  Cyberbullying

Fig 1.3 Idea - Political correctness

When I received feedback, I was told that I relied too much on the graohics to convey the message for my draft on lack of intergration. My draft for cyberbullying wasn't formatted nicely in terms of aesthetic. The one that had most potential was my draft on political correctness.

Hence, I decided to do the final project on political correctness. I was inspired by Roseanne Barr's statement; 'Saying "it's just a joke" shouldn't excuse racism' (https://www.iol.co.za/news/opinion/saying-its-just-a-joke-doesnt-excuse-racism-roseanne-15271825). I also decided to choose the colour green for my poster as I was inspired by the fictional charcater, Joker.

Fig 1.4 First attempt on the final project


Fig 1.5 Second attempt on final project


Fig 1.6 Final attempt on final project

 Animating poster design

Fig 1.7 Artboards - Process of frame animation in Illustration



Fig 1.8 Final outcome of animated poster design - final project


Comments

Popular Posts