DESIGN PRINCIPLE - PROJECT 2



Dk Nur Reem Rashah Pg Mohammad Apri (0336605)
Design Principles
Project 2

INSTRUCTIONS:




Project 2: Sense of place

For our second project, we were given the task to create a digital piece where we visually express any place nearby in a way that the audience can feel what type of atmosphere the place evokes.

Design process:


Fig. 1.0 - Compilation of images I used to create my final piece (taken by smartphone)

Final piece:

Fig 1.1 - Final piece for Project 2: 'Sense of place', 
photo manipulation on Adobe Photoshop (A4 sized, 2480 x 3508)

Description:

For this project, I decided to do it on the small playground located in D'Latour. During the day I chose to take photos of the place, the weather was quite cloudy and this gave the whole playground a dull, dark atmosphere. Hence, I wanted to express the dull impression I had of the playground by increasing the darkness and decreasing the saturation of the images in my piece. I also used an external app, 'HUJI', to take the photos from my smartphone. I did this because I wanted a muted, film effect on my photos to further accentuate the concept of a dark, rainy day at the playground. 




Comments

Popular Posts